Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Need to Move

Ha! Don't get excited anyone.... I'm not talking about my residence. God has planted us in Nashville right now for many reasons. The one most obvious is Jourdan Taylor. When you're a 13 year old, you're stuck in that season of wanting the respect of an adult, but the responsibilities of a small child. You want your "fair say" in everything and you want everyone to know what you know. You're smarter than anyone else anyway. :) But you don't want to be held accountable for your actions, the mean-spirited words that fly out of your mouth, you don't want to use self-control, you don't want to be responsible and you do not like correction. You want desperately to grow up while simultaneously remaining a child.

Come to think of it, I know some adults stuck here. :)

And you need your momma.

I don't doubt for a second that if Jourdan were the only reason we came back to Nashville, it wouldn't be enough. It's a clear assignment and it's an important one. I'm finding as I navigate my own spiritual growth and emotional maturity parenting is one of the most important roles on the planet. Parents affect our future. What you teach kids today, determines how they behave tomorrow. It's quite a responsibility to think of it this way...

I could go on about that, but there's more.

Regardless where we live, I believe God would be using this time in my life to force me to get involved. I am feeling an undeniable call to action. And yet I continue to stutter around and stammer about it. I feel the need to "move" but don't really yet understand the direction. I have ideas popping into my head daily about ways to bless others. But don't know how to carry them out. I see the obstacles before me - limited resources, family commitments, target population, location, church home......

I find myself focusing on ways to "solve" these problems and move these mountains myself instead of simply trusting the Father to do that. I don't really feel qualified to "start something new" with my own strength. I can run down the list of my own inadequacies. These will roll off my tongue without effort. And that leads me to a question of conviction: Who is my God?

Do I not trust, after all God has displayed, the Father who places these ideas upon my heart to bring them to pass? Do I not trust that the Creator of the Universe who knows my name and can turn off the sun if He chose can provide unlimited resources in exchange for simple faith and obedience? Do I not trust that Father God who sacrificed His Son to save my eternal life won't equip me with every time management skill, organizational skill, speaking ability, etc. necessary to further His Kingdom in all that He calls me to do? Do I believe the promises, or don't I?

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

John 15:16 (NIV) "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV) "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Now, to begin.... stay tuned!

Be blessed,
Jeani

No comments:

Post a Comment